As Monday in Hobart comes almost a full day after the USA and UK I am still able to get my book list up before the number is picked.
Nothing like leaving it for the last minute but it as been a bit busy what with the Secret Santa things to get out, the Emma read along with Dolce Bellaza and the regular posts.
I have decided as I have this wonderful Penguin book collection I will
use the Spin days for Penguin reading. I spend lots of time hunting them but not nearly enough time reading them. I am hoping this will change in 2016.
I went to the shelves and picked 20 books randomly from several different series. Some will be easier reads and some a bit more dry but they all went into the pack.
Here are my choices for the spin.
1. How I came to know fish by Ota Pavel (Central European classics)
2. Village Christmas (Miss Read)
3. Notes from Madras by Colonel Wyvern (Great Food series)
4. Rock Gardens by E. B. Anderson (Penguin Handbook 1959)
5. To-morrow by Joseph Conrad (Penguin 80th anniversary classic 64)
6. Pictures from an Institution by Randall Jarrell (Penguin no 1249 - 1959)
7. Be Ready with Bells and Drums by Elizabeth Kata (no 1817 - Penguin 1963)
8. The Hill of the Red Fox by Alan Campbell McLean (no PS208 Puffin)
9. Quick Service by P.G. Wodehouse (no 994 - Penguin 1954- original 1940)
10. Public Enemy by Hugh Clevely (no 1618 - Penguin crime 1961)
11. September Roses by André Maurois (no1806 - 1962)
12. The Night is Darkening Round Me by Emily Bronté (80th Anniversary Classic no 63)
13. Across the River and into the Trees by Ernest Hemingway (no 2425 - Penguin publ 1966)
14. The Bafut Beagles by Gerald Durrell (cerise Penguin no 1266 - Penguin publ 1958)
15. The St Trinian's Story by Ronald Searle (graphic-cartoons) (no 1659- Penguin publ 1959)
16. A High-Pitched Buzz by Roger Longrigg (no 1676- Penguin publ 1962)
17. A Dissertation upon Roast Pig and other Essays by Charles Lamb (Great Food series)
18. Ballooning (King Penguin Series 1948)
19. Notes and Sketches of New South Wales (Penguin Colonial Facsiniles 1st publ 1844 Australia-
Penguin Publ 1973)
20. Maigret and the Burglar's Wife (no 1362 Penguin green crime Penguin Publ 1959)