Saturday 20 December 2014

Penguin Challenge Days 19 and 20

This week is a bit of a mish mash miscellaneous.  I thought I would share a couple of things here for Christmas fun.

But first things first. Day 19 are books that take you home.  I still consider home the state of Michigan in the USA but I have not lived there since my early 20's.  I think any book that I read that transports myself back to that time would be books by Bill Bryson.  Bill Bryson didn't come from Michigan. He came from Iowa but when he writes of that state it reminds me very much of my own.

So  I must say these two books in particular.





















I am sure there are books that take place in Michigan but I'll be stumped if I can think of them. If you know of any I would love to know what they are.  Travels with Charlie by John Steinbeck reminds me of home also as it took place in the 1960's America.


Day 20 of the challenge is about books that take place where I live now.  I can think of several books that take place in Tasmania.

Two that come immediately to mind that I really enjoyed were these three: I especially loved Christopher Koch's book. The others were also quite good too.


 

In finishing I wanted to share something entirely different with you. I was in Sydney a couple of weeks ago and in the middle of the city, in the Pitt St. mall they had a large Christmas tree and Santa Claus display. It was completely made of Lego.  In the spirit of Christmas I thought I would share it with you.  Merry Christmas everyone. Not long to go now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.