Sunday 28 December 2014

I Have Had a Brainstorm

Yes, it doesn't happen a lot but when it does I get quite excited.  I have been reading quite a bit of translated fiction and simply books that take place in other countries.

I also have been reading a couple of crime books that took place in the United States.  When I turned 50 I decided I would read a book that took place in every country in the world and that I would be finished with it when I turn 75.

I read quite a few books in various countries but that was before I began blogging and I kept track of the books in a notebook.

Here is the brainstorm, nothing too strenuous but fun. I bought an inexpensive student atlas. It is fairly thin and is in paperback but it does have good maps of all of the countries in the world. And they are all up to date.

I have only read three books since I began this but I decided to keep this atlas just for my book locations. The main location in the book will be the place I mark it.

I have read the book The Free by Willy Blautin that takes place in Washington State. The Burning Room by Michael Connelly took place in Los Angeles, California.  Then Only in New York by Lily Brett took place in (yeah, you guessed it) New York City.

I simply wrote down the name of the book and the author near the state it took place.  You can see it in the photo.

I am really keen though now to fill up this little atlas with all kinds of names of books and authors. Plaster the world in books.  This will tie in with my TBR program nicely.  I can see where all of my books take pl
ace and it will be fun to fill up the atlas.  I can also see if I'm reading too many books that take place in California I had better get the lead out and read some in other countries.

I'll review it at the end of 2015 and see how many countries I have covered.  Isn't the new year fun?

After all I need to put the word "Travellin' " in Travellin' Penguin.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.