Sunday 21 December 2014

Day 21 of the Penguin Discussions

Books to be Read

I really have a big choice when it comes to this. I have shelves and shelves of books I have not read and next year is the year I get stuck into them. I am really going to have a TBR year.


First I have a couple of thousand (yes, thousand) vintage Penguin books. I hope to read some of them.
As for the non Penguin books I have several that have been playing on my mind.

One English Lit, one Travel book that I have always heard is a must read and one motorbike travel book. Not just any motorbike travel book but the holy grail of all motorbike books.

Okay- the first one is Pride and Prejudice. Yes, I admit-- I have seen the films, the TV series but I have never read the book.   I  MUST  READ  THIS. I know that.

Next is Jupiter's Travels. One Man, 80,000 plus miles and four years around the world on a motorbike.

Then there is the Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen who I understand died of leukaemia in April of this year. I have always heard this is a very spiritual, very lovely book and no one should live life without reading it at least once.

These books are one of many to be read. I am looking forward to it.  What is a book that has stuck in your mind for a very long time that you are yet to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.