Tuesday 30 December 2014

Another Great Idea (In A Book) for 2015


I came across this book in my local Indie book store in Hobart.  I am always amazed when I read the various blogs how they have all of their stats at the end of the year.  I guess I have never been that organised but it would be nice to have a look back over the year and see how many books I read, what kind of books they were and the names and authors.

AUDIO  BOOKS

I didn't want to just keep a notebook though.  I tend to misplace notebooks.  Well kind of.  Then I found this little gem.

Not only is it a notebook but it is full of pages where you can keep track of the books you read and sort them into categories.
TRAVEL  BOOKS

There are a lot of categories so I could see myself using the notebook over several years.  I will need to remember to date the lists though.

Check this out. I think it is self explanatory as you look at the photos. I'll post them here and we'll have a little chat.
BOOKS THAT TAUGHT ME SOMETHING 

On the left of the page is the illustration. There is an illustration to go with every category and they are gorgeous on their own.  The right hand page is for writing down the book you have just finished on the lines provided.

If one could fill up every page of lines throughout this book you would be a pretty well rounded reader.  I will explain no more.....have a look.
UNDER GRANDMA'S TREE
THIS PAGE GOES WITH THE TREE. FAVOURITE
READING SPOTS AND EXPERIENCES














The only page they left out is a page for Penguin books. I need a category that says "Vintage Penguin books I have read." But then I have noticed there are three pages of lines at the end that simply say,
"Books I Want to Read Before I Die."  I don't like that category. It sounds like a negative way to approach books.  I think you just read them and don't think about if you want to read them before you pass on.  So I think I will change these three pages to read "Vintage Penguins I Have Read."  Yes , I do like this idea.

2015 looks like it is going to be going great gangbusters. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.