Thursday 11 December 2014

A Christmas Classic -Penguin Challenge Day 11

The month of December seems to be flying by but I think this whole year has flown by. Yet when I look back on the events of last January they seem a long time ago.

The Penguin Publishers Christmas List challenge is at day 11 today. It ends on Christmas Day. The topic for today is Christmas Classic Book.

I think each of us has our own favourite book but when I looked up Christmas Classic books online the two main ones that came up were A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens and The Night Before Christmas.  When we were growing up in midwest America The Night Before Christmas was our main classic.  I still have my mother's old paper copy of The Night Before Christmas. It is a very large though very thin book. It is also very fragile and it now occupies a safe place on the bookshelf propped up by the end of the shelf.

I didn't discover A Christmas Carol until later in life. I loved it and have read it several times.  When I was working in education after first moving to Australia I enjoyed some of the Australian Christmas books though I am not sure that they were classics. They weren't for me but they may be the choice for other Australian families. These are the books.  What is your standby for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.