Sunday 7 September 2014

A Really Uplifting Bookish Tale for a Sunday

I'm having a Melbourne rest day so thought I would share a lovely story that took place in Hobart during the last week.

My favourite second hand book store in Hobart is one called Cracked and Spineless.  They took over the operation of this shop a year ago and it appears to be going from strength to strength.

Richard and Mike compliment each other in how they market books to the public and they seem to be doing a fine and dandy job of it.

One of their strengths is how they sell books to all ages and all walks of life. You can get the weirdest, cult loving books or you can be a died in the wool traditional who only reads the classics.

Whatever your bent is you can have a lot of fun on their Facebook page too.  The link to their Facebook page is here.  If you are on Facebook you really should like them because they have some pretty funny conversations every day and it is a great marketing tool for those, um, maybe weirder types of books.

The other day Richard put up this post and I thought, "Wow, I love this and I know anyone who reads this blog of mine will also love it. "

Here goes,


I just thought you might enjoy that little tale. With all of the world wide gloom and doom about these days I really do hang out for these small tales.   And while you're at it, be sure and check out these crazy guys at Cracked and Spineless and I might add that their classics section is really beautiful. You might not get that from this Facebook page.  A great example of how a book shop can be interactive with the whole community.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.