Tuesday 4 February 2014

New Family Member

Life is short and the older you get the shorter it seems.  After our January horribilis, February is starting to look up.  We know Koko was a rescue cat and no doubt he would want another animal in need of a home to get one.

I drove out to the RSPCA today and there were about a dozen tabby cats up for adoption and one black one. They put a special price on the tabbys.  They so want them to get good homes.

So meet Wally. (We'll have to change his name because our dog is named Wally and one in the house is enough). We're open to names but I have a few in mind. We pick him up tomorrow only because I was on my motorbike today and he wasn't trained for that yet.

He is 8 weeks old , playful yet when you pick him up he cuddles into you and starts purring. We connected immediately. So now I have something else to write about. Though we'll never forget Koko we know he'd be pleased.

Stay tuned for tomorrow as I will be announcing a big new book project. So excited.

7 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Can't wait to find out his name, I'm sure motorcycle training will soon follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm hadn't thought of that. Wonder if I can find a helmet to fit.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet kitten! It's so kind of you to give a home to another stray.

    You've had your run of bad luck in threes, so I think you're due for a long period of good luck! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I did think of that run of threes. Thanks for your comment. The adventure begins.

      Delete
  3. I have a very soft spot for grey tabbies! and for rescued kitties (I have two). I look forward to hearing more about him, and your reading project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! What a gorgeous little face. I have a very soft spot for tabbies. (I'm also now feeling cat-broody!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. I promise to try very hard to reply to any message left.