|Source: Penguin Books Publishers- The Penguin Blog|
I have learned so much this past year from other book bloggers. I have become a more concentrated reader, have made lovely friends and it is really great to interact with other book lovers from around the world.
Although there are so many books in the world that often I do feel completely overwhelmed by choice and also frustration at knowing I'll never even get to a smidgen of them. However I have been motivated greatly for the next year by others.
- Next year the Travellin' Penguin and I will continue to work together in searching for more vintage Penguin books for the collection. I plan on reading more of the vintage Penguin books next year and he plans on travelling with me through books that are not related to the Penguin family.
- We will be focusing on the books in our house. Books in the front room library, books in the bedroom on the reference shelves, books in the hallway where there is little sun to fade the collectibles hidden there. The world in our home is a haven for books, we will travel to various countries, meet wonderful and maybe scary people. Our adventures may be current or we will visit the past. We might even take on the fantasy of the distant future.
- We are going to pay extra attention to what we learn from books. We will learn what makes us laugh and what makes us cry (not too many animals tales though for sadness). Travellin' Penguin will have new clothes to match the books he visits and we will share our thoughts with anyone who is interested.
- We would also like to find new places to read our books. Maybe at the cafe in the bookshop? Maybe in the Parliament chair that my sister made for me when here (I really do need to do a blog about this chair in my back yard.) Maybe we'll take some old beat up weathered book to the beach with the dogs and sit there for an afternoon. There will be a book in the campground packed with my tent under the seat of the big scooter with the camera.
- There will be photos of Penguin hunting in our beautiful state of Tasmania.
It is all going to be wonderful. What makes the beginning of 2014 even more wonderful is that we are now in our summer. The weather should be gorgeous and there will be festivals and activities as well as films and walks under clear blue skies. Travellin' Penguin and I won't blink because we might miss it all.
I would like to thank everyone who visited our little corner of the world and please come back in January to see what bookish news we have to offer. I have some posts almost finished of some bookstores I visited in the USA recently and photos of new books that I brought home.
May everyone have a safe and very Happy Holiday and New Year.
Now go back and watch the video of the Night Before Christmas.